In 1941, Frank Pica, Sr., opened a pizzeria at 62nd and Race Street in West Philadelphia. This small establishment containing just a few tables, an old-fashioned brick oven and a take-out counter soon became a special part of the neighborhood. Frank’s loyal customers revered the friendly and warm atmosphere he promoted as much as his famous square pizza. In 1956 Frank Sr., along with Frank Jr., moved the pizzeria to 7803 West Chester Pike in Upper Darby where it grew into a full-service restaurant. Over the years the Pica family and their loyal staff upheld the policy that Frank Sr. started — that the customer always comes first.